6.09.2013

A Pledge

I want to write stories. I want to capture the emotions of audiences, I want to sway them back and forth, from terror to delight to horror to excitement.
No.
I do write stories. I am a writer. I will capture the emotions of audiences. I will be the puppetmaster, pulling strings at my discretion. If I say so, it will be. I will not be censored by the opinions of MY audiences. I will push through and let my story unfold how it was meant to unfold. I will spoon out dreams and pleasure, spiced with suspense and distress. There are worlds you have never dreamed of, that live in my mind. I will display them proudly. Criticism and disappointment will flood my way. It will wash over me and burn through my pages, but I will push on. As long as I place one word after another, string together my thoughts, my stories, my mind, I will have a rope to hold on to. I will pull through and I will write.
God damnit I will write.

0 comments:

Post a Comment