8.08.2018

Cups

"Hello, empty space!"  I can hear my words echo out there, hollow and loud.  It's so vast, so quiet, so still.  It's awe-inspiring and spooky all at the same time, which is somehow very cozy.  There is both nobody and everybody there, all at once. "Hello!" It reverberates off of nothing, the singe word spreading outward infinitely and then sucking back toward me in an instant.  It collects in front of my face and floats like a feather to my feet.  I look down at it, shimmering and translucent.  I leave it be, stepping over it and preparing myself to shout again. "Hello!" It bursts out across my tongue and I watch its fragments rain down around me in every direction, forever.  Another step, this time to the side. "Cups!" The word pounds outward from my chest this time.  It clunks down in front of me and rolls away.  I wonder where it is going. A whisper now, "la la la la." They march in a line, snaking around my head and veering off behind me.  They drop one-by-one, first the second, second the third, third the first, and fourth the fourth.  I think I can hear them giggling. It's not so empty in here anymore.  A bit of a mess, really.  I love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment